Dried penne pasta
Made in Italy
Durum Wheat Semolina, Soft Wheat Flour
Instructions:Allow approximately 75g per person.
Add pasta to a large pan of boiling, slightly salted water, stir and return to
Cook for 10-12 minutes, drain well and serve immediately in your favourite
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
300g Tesco Everyday Value Penne; 2 tbsp oil; 1 onion, peeled, chopped; 2 garlic
cloves, peeled, chopped; 1 chilli, seeds removed, chopped; 1 x 400g cans Tesco
Everyday Value Plum tomatoes, drained; 100ml hot vegetable stock; handful fresh
basil leaves, torn; salt and freshly ground black pepper, finely grated
Parmesan, to serve.
1. Cook the penne according to the directions on the packet.
2. Meanwhile heat the oil in frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped
garlic and onion and fry until they are softened.
3. Combine the chilli, canned tomatoes and stock, add to the pan and stir well.
Bring the mixture to a simmer and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the torn basil leaves, then season to taste, with salt and freshly
ground black pepper.
5. Drain the penne throughly and stir in to the sauce.
Sprinkle some Parmesan grated cheese on top.