Dried wholewheat fusilli pasta made from Durum wholewheat semolina.
Durum Wholewheat semolina
Instructions:*Allow approximately 75g per person.
*Add the pasta to a large pan of boiling, slightly salted water, stir and
return to the boil.
*Cook for 10-12 minutes, drain well and serve immediately.
Not suitable for microwave cooking.
All appliances vary these are guidelines only.
Wholewheat FUSILLI with roasted veg & Feta
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes
300g Tesco Wholewheat Fusilli
3 tbsps olive oil
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1 aubergine, cut into pieces
2 courgettes, sliced
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato purée
100g Feta cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/Gas Mark 7.
2. Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil into a roasting tin and add the peppers, courgettes
ensuring they are evenly coated with the oil.
3. Roast in the oven for 20–25 minutes.
4. In a large saucepan, place the remaining olive oil over a medium heat. Sauté
the onions for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
5. Then add the garlic, oregano, tomato purée and chopped tomatoes.
6. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the pack instructions and drain.
8. Add the roasted vegetables and pasta to the tomato sauce and gently combine.
9. Crumble the Feta cheese over the pasta to garnish and serve immediately.
* Or for a quicker recipe, simply use one of our delicious Tesco Pasta Sauces!